Sr. EH&S Specialist #7335
- 401k, medical, dental
- Summit, New Jersey
- Pharma & Biotech
Job Title: Sr. EH&S Specialist (Contractor)
Location: Summit, NJ
Duration: 1 year
Bachelor's degree with major course work in environmental health and safety, occupational health or industrial hygiene OR degree in other related fields that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours of study from among the following disciplines: safety, occupational health, industrial hygiene, ergonomics, accident investigation, toxicology, public health, chemistry, biological sciences, or engineering.
- Assist in the development and implementation of occupational health and safety programs across Celgene sites.
- Perform EHS inspections and follow up in areas of laboratory safety, construction, and life safety codes.
- Identify hazards and initiate necessary corrective actions with those responsible to comply with applicable codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to others.
- Act as a resource within the department in all matters related to Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Aid in managing incident reporting system.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring and interpret results.
- Inspect, calibrate and maintain equipment used for quantitative hazard evaluation.
- Prepare reports including observations and monitoring results.
- Perform EHS related data entry
- Maintain EHS related files and documents.
- Assist in the development and delivery of EHS related training.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the preparation of training material.
- Possesses computational skills consistent with the educational requirements of this position.
- Strong accident/incident investigative interview and listening skills.
- Skilled in use of industrial hygiene and safety equipment.
- Having previous learning experiences with various application software will be useful.
- Knowledge of OSHA standards relating to general industry and construction.
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective federal, state, and local environmental health and safety operations for the protection of people, property and the environment.
- Gains the trust and respect of employees by offering consistent and credible guidance on EHS related matters.
- Comfortable being a team player and a consensus builder.
- Follows scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Uses sound logic and reasoning skills to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions to a problem.
- Skilled in the use of research tools (e.g., Internet, Google, other search engines).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detailed-oriented and organized.
- Completes assignments in a timely and responsible manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group/team setting.
- Ability to identify potential hazards and collaborate with others on identifying solutions.
- Possesses excellent command of the English language
- Ability to write reports/findings.
- Ability to conduct or facilitate meetings/group discussions.
- Comfortable interviewing people to obtain facts in relation to incident investigation.
- Skilled consulting and advising on occupational health and safety issues.
- Reporting results of evaluations, surveys, or inspections orally and in writing.
- Presenting complex technical information to persons unfamiliar with the subject.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.