An exciting position is open with my client in Clonmel for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer. The role will include, championing departmental and cross-site supplier quality initiatives, project management for the supplier quality team personnel and selection and qualification of suppliers.
My client are located in Clonmel, South Tipperary. Their facilities are easily accessible from the south of Ireland - Waterford, Kilkenny, Cork and Limerick. They are a worldwide leader in medical technologies. The company endorses a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge-driven product development.
This is a full time, permanent position. The salary is negotiable for the right candidate. My client believe in supporting a work/life balance, promoting wellbeing, and creating an inclusive work environment based on unique cultures. Your benefits include full healthcare cover for employees and families, annual bonus, competitive pension contribution, subsidised onsite restaurant and gym classes onsite.
The responsibilities of Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Some of the tasks you will be fulfilling include:
- Mentor for technical guidance for identifying and resolving quality issues.
- Technical and communication lead on all material assigned quality issues.
- Lead Supplier Quality process improvement programs across people, service, quality and cost.
- Manage projects which include new products, process improvements, and cost reductions while supporting day to day operations success of assigned material commodities.
- Promote the Quality System within the Supply Base. Work within a commodity structure, along with IQA and the business unit to ensure that components meet design requirements.
- Assist commodity team in the development of new supply sources, qualify component or process changes to specified parameters and within given timeframe.
- Chair weekly & monthly quality review meetings with suppliers, cross site commodity teams and drive both proactive quality improvements and cost reductions.
- Work on supplier capability assessments: (WSVA, Gage R&R, FMEA etc.).
- Select appropriate techniques for problem solving and make solid and consistent Engineering and Quality Assurance recommendations.
- Ability to independently design and coordinate engineering tests and experiments including Design of Experiments in support of Problem Solving Road Maps.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.
- Lead investigation of component quality issues as they arise. Work with Quality, Production, Regulatory, supply chain, and suppliers to resolve component issues.
- Investigate field failures related to supplier materials. Develop corrective action plan where necessary.
You have at least 5 years experience within medical device supplier quality engineering, or a similar/comparable role. You possess and Bachelor (level 8) degree in a scientific/engineering field. A Lead Auditor Qualification would be a distinct advantage, as would people management experience. You are able to travel approx. 15% of the time. You are a solution-orientated individual and are looking for a senior, challenging position for your next move. You need to have an EU passport/Stamp 4 Visa for consideration.
Does the above sound similar to your experience? Interested in proceeded with this position? Feel free to apply and I will follow up with any further questions you have.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales