Scientist/Senior Scientist - Microbiology Fermentation - Upstream Process Development
18 month contract (LTD Company or umbrella)
Rate: £25-£35 per hour dependant on experience & qualifications
Remote working is possible for aspects of the project
Real have an opportunity for a Scientist in Microbiology Fermentation to join a biotechnology start-up company based in Manchester for an 18 month project (contract).
The project is on behalf of a global FMCG manufacturer and your task is to develop an SOP/IP for up scaling. The product is a biologic homecare product that will go on sale around the world.
The Fermentation Scientist will be responsible for developing and optimising upstream processes for protein production, executing lab scale bioreactor activities for scale-up, technology transfer and process validation.
As well as strong a strong background in upstream process development, the Fermentation Scientist will need to have good level of knowledge of downstream processes (eg. Protein purification).
- Minimum of MSc (ideally a PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline (Biotechnology, Molecular biology or Biochemistry).
- Experience in E.coli and P.pastoris upstream fermentation.
- Experience in process development using bioreactors.
- Experience in project management.
- Some experience with downstream processing would be preferable.
- Industrial experience would be preferable.
- Designing, developing and optimising fermentation processes.
- Developing protocols and SOP for process scale-up.
- Working with production methods such as shake flasks, 1 to 15L bioreactors.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, providing results, data and progress updates.
- Working on side projects and supervising student interns.
- Dealing with lab management related activities.
Please apply if you're interested and believe you have the skills we need!
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales