Job title: Senior R&D Engineer
Location: Start up in Dublin city Centre.
Excellent benefits on offer.
As a Senior R&D Engineer you will play a key role in the design and development of a cutting edge structural heart device, bringing it through all phases of the development cycle into clinical trials. This is a great opportunity to join an early-stage company with an opportunity to grow your skills and experiences.
- Work as part of the R&D team to design and develop a novel heart valve devices in line with user needs, including generating creative solutions to problems
- You will be required to Manage and drive project activities.
- Liaise with Physicians to understand and gather specific requirements.
- Identify and manage key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
- Contribute to innovation through filing of disclosures and patents.
- You will be responsible for developing device specifications, in line with user needs and Design Inputs. Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications
- Identify and manage vendors to obtain components, processes, and equipment
- Develop test methods and fixturing for product verification and validation; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution
- Ensure quality in the product's design for durability, usability, reliability, functionality, marketability, and manufacturability
- Develop and manage manufacturing activities for prototype and pilot production builds.
- B.S. or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related disciplines
- 3+ years of related experience in medical device industry.
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Excellent SolidWorks skills,
- Class III medical product development experience involving clinical trials highly preferred
If you are interested in hearing more about this position forward your up to date CV and I would be happy to discuss the role in more detail with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales