You will implement and improve the software development practices, release management methodologies and software deployment strategies; optimizing and fine tuning for best 'uptime' and performance. You will actively interface with software developers, product managers, test engineers, administrators on projects and provide on-call support. You should be able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues quickly and effectively, sometimes under pressure. Responsibilities include capacity planning, performance tuning, and automation/tools development.
- Deploy a sequencing solutions products to Dev, Test, and production environments in the cloud (AWS).
- Manage all services, including github, AWS, Okta, product micro-services; building infrastructure around these to make them more consistent and less manual - more automated.
- Ensure the development and production infrastructure is robust and secure. Secure processing of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Personal Health Information (PHI) is critical.
- Build and deploy monitoring tools for systems we use for development and production.
- Escalate customers' technical product issues to the engineering team for troubleshooting and resolution.
- Participate in product design and development, customer training, and support as needed.
- Setup tools like SaltStack, OpenStack, ELK Stack, Vault, LDAP
- Setup infrastructure like AWS, HAProxy, and VPCs
- Evaluate, plan, and implement new infrastructure
Work with Project Teams, Product Management, Development, and Testing teams to understand needs and investigate issues. Skills:
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience with configuration management and orchestration tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, SaltStack, Vagrant, AWS CloudFormation).
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting web servers, proxies, and load balancers like node.js, nginx, HAProxy, ELB.
- Experiene working with security technologies and tools (SAST, DAST, Dome9, Qualys, Arachni).
- Ability to translate product requirements into robust and secure Infrastructure implementations.
This position will only be considered on a W2 basis.
If this is of interested to you or a colleague please get in touch with your latest CV.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.