Senior Analytical Scientist - Research and Development
Our client is a notable medical device business working within international markets. They are in the market for a Senior Analytical Scientist.
This is a permanent osition in the analytical team supporting the chemistry group and the wider R&D team.
As Senior Analytical Scientist you will be involved with method development and validation of GC and GC-MS, HPLC and LC-MS methods for the analysis of organic and silicone containing materials (predominantly monomers and macromers) to support the R&D group. Thorough knowledge and experience in LC (Liquid chromatography) and GC (gas chromatography) is required with additionally GC-MS and LC-MS preferred.
The Senior Analytical Scientist will be responsible for overseeing the analytical laboratory, taking responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of the analytical equipment in the laboratory and ensuring their continued availability to support the work of the department. The job holder will also monitor and plan equipment availability and track and report the status of testing in the team and management of workload.
The Senior Analytical Scientist could also be expected to be a SME or leader in R&D program and project activities. The role will involve both effective cross site communication and working within cross functional teams including interaction with other sites globally e.g. San Fransisco and Manufacturing sites.
- Develop and validate analytical methods to FDA standards
- Report status of work to management on a regular basis
- Take responsibility for the maintenance and upkeep of equipment in the analytical laboratory
- Present work at meetings both internal and external to the department when required
- Lead process investigation and improvement work
- Carry out trials and investigations in support development activities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with other departments outside of R&D
- Ensure that work complies with business quality systems. Ensure all documentation is in place and up-to-date
- Lead continuous improvement in own work area.
- Ensure that Health and Safety requirements are always met and never compromised
- Ensure that technical knowledge remains at the cutting edge of their discipline
MSc. and/or PhD preferred
- Degree (Chemistry or related essential)
- experience with running an analytical laboratory
- Understanding of running and interpretation of mass spectrometry advantageous
- Thorough knowledge and experience in LC (Liquid chromatography) and GC (gas chromatography) with additionally GC-MS and LC-MS preferred
- Knowledge of polymer characterisation preferred
- Analytical report writing
- Good leadership and mentoring skills
- Good computer skills
- Experience of method development and validation to FDA standards (HPLC/GC).
- Excellent team working
- Organised: Proven ability to manage workload effectively and plan accordingly
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to liaise with colleagues and suppliers in multiple locations
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales