Research Associate I - Cell culture / HPLC
- Pharma & Biotech
Position Title: Research Associate - Drug Product Development
Duration: 1 Year Assignment eligible for extension or renewal
Location: Cambridge, MA
The Research Associate I will primarily be in a lab support function, conducting analytical testing (HPLC) of bioassays. The ideal candidate will be passionate about benchwork and thriving in a team environment. This is an excellent position for a non-PhD candidate with 1 - 3 years of hands-on experience with formulation and bioassays.
**Prefer candidates with analytical testing (HPLC) experience**
1. Independently perform formulation and process activities for buffer screening activities.
2. Analyze samples using established bioassays.
3. Apply statistical design of experiments methodology and results.
4. Effectively communicate results of experiments and analyses to supervisor and/or project teams.
5. Write and maintain data in laboratory notebooks in accurate and timely manner.
6. Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols, and quantitative analyses of experimental procedures, data, and conclusions.
1. Perform buffer screening and formulation development activities of vaccines.
2. Conduct basic formulation and particle characterization analytics
3. Maintain cell-culture, and perform cell-based bioassays.
4. Set up and carry out formulation stability studies in a development.
5. Perform new procedures with only general instructions.
6. Make detailed observations, organize and analyze data, and interpret results in a clear and logical format (e.g., graphs, charts, summary).
7. Identify problems with experiments and troubleshoot solutions with guidance from supervisor.
1. Good understanding of basic experimental objectives and concepts of experimental design.
2. Possess practical knowledge in formulation, buffer screening and formulation process development activities.
3. Possess practical knowledge in passaging cells and maintaining cell banks.
4. Possess basic working knowledge of general chemistry and biology/biochemistry, and of statistics.
5. Be well organized and detail oriented, effectively prioritize, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
6. Possess good oral and written communication skills.
7. Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
8. BS Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or Life Sciences.
9. 1-3 years laboratory experience, experience in particulate formulations and bioassays.
10.Possess a combination of education and experience in a physical and/or life science to work independently, serve as a resource for researchers, and help solve problems with instrument operation.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.