Are you a person with an analytical mind set and the ability to work with customers through challenging problems? Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact within the life sciences? Are you looking for a position that allows you to capitalize on your education and build upon it? My client is now hiring Mechanical Engineering Manager for a 6 month contract to hire opportunity.
Plans, organizes and oversees the work efforts of the Mechanical Engineering Department. Supervises all aspects of the mechanical design of our products. Manages and evaluates workload, productivity, quality of work by team members.
Day To Day Responsibilities
· Supervise Mechanical Engineering associates, including participating in the recruitment and selection of department personnel, resolving personnel issues, conducting yearly performance reviews, training and development, discipline, etc.
· Define and monitor Department budget.
· Develop long-term department strategies.
· Coordinate mechanical portions of projects with Project Management, ensuring they are completed on time and within budget.
· Lead the department in the development and maintenance of standards and procedures.
· Create, monitor and evaluate department Key Performance Indicators
· Assist sales efforts by conducting company tours and providing applications engineering support, including User Requirement Specification reviews, quotes, drawings, etc.
· Implement cost reductions, value analysis, and improvements of all products.
· Create long-term goals and objectives for the Mechanical Engineering group. Develop, implement and manage strategic plans to meet the agreed upon goals and objectives.
· Lead the department in Continuous Improvement activities.
· Lead and document machine safety assessments.
· Assist the purchasing department in the replacement of obsoleted items, location of missing drawings, resolution of vendor issues, etc.
· Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
· Supervisory/management/leadership coursework
· 6 plus years experience in mechanical design of packaging machinery or capital equipment
· 2-3 years of supervisory responsibilities for a work group or department
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.