Mechanical Engineering Manager
- US$120000 - US$140000 per annum + competitive
- Eden Prairie, Minnesota
- R&D, R+D/Project Management
A top medical device company located in Eden Prairie, MN is currently seeking a Mechanical Engineering Manager to join their engineering team.
Summary: The Manager of Mechanical Engineering is responsible for the leadership and development of the mechanical engineering team. S/He must have the vision, communication ability, technical drive, persistence and team building skills necessary to maintain and mechanical engineering excellence within the department. The person in this position is ultimately responsible for ensuring that the mechanical engineering team is state-of-the-art from both a technical and process perspective. This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Mechanical Engineering group regarding budget, resource allocation, task and process management, staff development, and performance tracking. S/He must have an ability and passion for continuous technology and process improvement.
Day to Day: Variable day to day depending on where the current project is in the product development lifecycle. This individual would be working cross functional with other groups and lead meetings in regards to current product design efforts. They would be managing a team of around 12 individuals, including a manager and mechanical design engineers. They would lead a team working on new medical device products from concept to commercial launch.
Minimum education, certification and experience requirements:
Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field required, graduate degree in relevant field preferred
Five to ten years of mechanical engineering in a product development environment required; hearing industry or medical device industry experience preferred. Minimum of 3 years recent management experience required
- Intermediate proficiency in Creo or SOLIDWORKS.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in MSOffice.
- Intermediate proficiency in MSProject.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of plastics, metals, and elastomeric materials.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of product development methods and best practices (ie. DFM, DOE, FEA, DFMEA, Lean PD, etc…)
- Advanced knowledge of injection molding design, processing, and tooling.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent time and task management skills required.
- Excellent planning, organizing and coordinating skills required.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills required.
- Strong motivator and excellent team building skills.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for managing people and processes.
Interview process for this position would involve telephone call with hiring manager and a final on site interview. If this is something that is interesting to you please send your resume.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.