Are you looking for an opportunity to do meaningful work that changes lives? Do you want to advance your career within the Medical Device space? If so, I have the job for you! I am currently looking for an Industrial Designer in the Kalamazoo area with a client who is among the world's largest Medical equipment development companies.
Industrial design of a variety of medical instruments ranging from handheld devices to digital consoles. This contractor will be working with R&D and Marketing teams to develop next generation medical instruments. Carrying out user research, concept ideation and selection.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Field research to identify user needs and work flows, task analysis, software and hardware user interface design evaluations
- Work closely with marketing, product planning, engineering, manufacturing, and regulatory to produce design solutions
- Prepare sketches and rendered design illustration for presentation of design concepts
- Plan and conduct end user evaluations of product concepts, analyse data, document evaluation methods and results
- Ensure personal understanding of all quality policy/system items that are applicable
- Travel globally up to 20% of the time
- Working on user error analyses, understanding how usability works and what errors occur and how that forms into hazard, risk and requirements and design
The best candidate will possess the following minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design (post grad degree a plus)
- Proven experience working directly with mechanical and electrical engineers
- User centered problem solving mindset
- 2D Sketch/rendering (Adobe CS) and 3D CAD modelling skills (Rhino 3D, Solidworks, or ProE)
- Manufacturing process knowledge
This is an outstanding opportunity to join an industry leader and work on life-saving devices. If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please apply at the details below. The Hiring Team is scheduling interviews this week!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.