CNC Programmer II
- San Francisco, California
- Operations and Production
As a CNC Programmer/ Prototype Machinist you will be working with the Production team to produce custom and prototype part offerings. This will include fixture design and setup, workholding design, toolpath programming for CNC milling machines, CNC machine operation, and other manufacturing operations. This company is backed and funded by companies such as Google and Autodesk and they continue to grow in the $21B market.
This company offers 6 weeks of PTO, along with a very comprehensive benefits plan as well as a competitive pay rate above the market average with plenty of growth opportunities.
This role operates
1st shift-(Mon.-Thurs.) 5 AM-3:30 PM
- Prototype machining and CNC programming
- Ability to program and machine using CAM software and 3 and 5 axis CNC milling and lathe machines
- Troubleshoot new process problems and work with software team to diagnose machine malfunctions
- Update process protocols based on lessons learned during testing and manufacturing
- Continuously improve production efforts by working closely with mechanical and software engineers
Skill Set Required to be Successful:
- Rigorous attention to detail and pride in doing precise work
- Outstanding mechanical aptitude and spatial reasoning
- Knowledgeable about G-code editing, canned cycles, and integrated probing systems
- Must have a basic working knowledge of materials [metals, plastics] and fundamental concepts of mechanics [stress, strain, etc.]
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zone, in a fast paced non-traditional manufacturing environment
- Assembly experience and working knowledge of basic fasteners and hand tools
- Experience with HSMWorks/Solidworks preferred but not required
- Experience with macro programming
Swing shift needed as well: 2:30PM - 1:00AM
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.