Associate Scientist I (PhD)
Biogen, a global biotech company committed to discovering, developing and delivering worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases.
Biogen is looking for a highly motivated process chemist ready to function in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Involved in process development, scale-up, purification and characterization of small molecules to support advancement of Biogen's small molecule pipeline.
Position: Associate Scientist I (PhD)
Location: Cambridge, MA (on-site)
Contract Length: 6 months
* Work with a Scientist to design synthetic organic experiments, perform them independently and efficiently to develop scalable process with the goal to tech transfer to a commercial site.
* Understanding of process overview (upstream and downstream) and understands the role of critical parameters in technology transfer.
* Closely monitor reactions in automated reactor platforms using a variety of analytical techniques and identify critical reaction variables to have impact on scalability and purification.
* Develop efficient purification method including workup, distillation and crystallization.
* Able to meet aggressive process development and production timeline.
* Author process research reports and present scientific findings
* Maintains an electronic laboratory notebook.
* Have good interpersonal, communication, writing and presentation skills.
* Have a collaborative mindset and be able to work as part of a team.
* Excellent knowledge of reaction mechanism.
* Demonstrated knowledge of multi-step synthetic organic chemistry.
* Hands on experience with instrumental analysis using TLC, NMR, HPLC, LCMS, GC and KF.
* Experience with a broad range of synthetic and purification techniques.
* Have experience with Microsoft Office products; experience with ChemDraw.
* Knowledge and experience with PAT technology (React IR, FBRM, PVM)
* Knowledge and experience with statistical software (JMP, Design Expert)
* Knowledge and experience with flow chemistry.
* PhD in synthetic organic chemistry with 0-2 years' experience.
* Industrial or academic internship experience required in the pharmaceutical industry.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.