Associate Manager- Educational Grants
- Lexington, Massachusetts
- Pharma & Biotech
Title: Associate Manager- Educational Grants
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Lexington, MA- In house for a week or two to get up to speed, then periodically 1-2 days/week on site), otherwise work remotely
Hours expected: 40 hours per week
Benefits: Real Staffing offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, voluntary life insurance, short term/long term disability.
Day to Day Duties/Responsibilities/ Scope of Work
- Internal/external stakeholder engagement and communication, lifecycle grant management, statistical reporting, budget management, process improvement, etc.
- Participates in developing, interpreting, training and implementing policies and procedures for the organization.
- Manages, develops and trains staff in the department ensuring employee conformance to established policies & practices.
- Oversee operational management of one or more GMA Educational Grant Programs
- Lead GMA project development/harmonization, implementation, modifications and optimization, including alignment of processes and systems to the requirements of GMA, Legal and Compliance partners
- Manage system vendors and address GMA team requirements
- Identify areas for process improvement, propose changes, and participate in implementation as appropriate
- Track and report on insights of IME Grants and Medical Sponsorships and perform reconciliations
- Oversee the lifecycle management of Independent Medical Education (IME) and medical sponsorship grant programs within assigned Therapeutic Areas or Regions.
- Interact directly with external grant requestors to ensure compliance with policy, global and local healthcare laws
- Track activity progress against proposed timelines
- A relevant Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) is required, advanced science degree (e.g. MS, PhD) is preferred
- 4 years of experience in a relevant life science industry (e.g. biopharmaceutical/biotechnology) preferably within a matrix structure and/or in the area of grant management within academia/or at a heath care organization.
- 2 years of project management, experience managing and/or developing grant and/or service provider engagement is preferred
- Experience of managing vendors is preferred
- Knowledge of medical affairs customer interaction and documentation best practices, legal and regulatory requirements, Codes of Practice, Standard Operating Practices and guidelines is required
- Experience with grant management systems (Polaris, Envision, etc…) preferred.
- Experience in budget forecasting, metrics generation and program operations data analysis in Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Good strategic, analytic and problem solving skills
- Ability to assess multiple competing tasks and demands, identify priorities and manage deliverables
- Drafting/updating of SOPs and guidance in collaboration with HCP Engagement Lead, GMA teams, Legal, and Compliance
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.